Our Quick Guide to Under-Eye Concealing
While it’s true that maintaining a good skincare routine can help maintain soft, clear, and healthy skin around the eyes (click here for our blog post on eye product essentials) we cannot deny that in preventing unwanted bags, there’s some under-eye puffiness and wrinkling that even the most flawless skincare routine can’t ward off. While that is certainly a bummer, we have some good news—you can always rely on our clinical skincare makeup to help improve and cover under-eye roughness, darkness, and bags – and it’s actually pretty easy to do!
In this post you’ll see
Four Key Techniques
Four Key Products
Our Makeup Tutorials
Four Key Techniques
It takes more than maintaining a good skincare routine to help prevent unwanted bags – it is important to also learn how to properly apply concealer! We have four tips to help you cover up your dark spots and wrinkles.
- Prep the skin with a skin-smoothing primer. If you are doing a full face of makeup follow with some brow techniques. (Click here for our brow tips!)
- Use a color corrector. Your color-correcting strategy depends entirely on your skin tone and concerns to help with discoloration. We suggest using a peach color corrector on your inner corner.
- Draw your under-eye concealer
- Option 1: Dot concealing product under the eye, from pupil to outer corner of eye blend toward the nose, down to the crease of the nose and out to temple in the shape of a triangle. An inverted triangle with the base under your eye and the tip pointing toward your cheek will brighten up your entire face!
- Option 2: Dab concealer over those under-eye circles. Your ringer finger is actually the weakest of your fingers, so it’ll apply just the right amount of pressure to blend your concealer without pulling at the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Blot your concealer to prevent caking and creasing. After applying concealer, blot the area with a thin tissue to prevent the product from settling into the creases around your eye.
Four Key Products and Tools
Concealer is the most effective tool for hiding dark under-eye circles and Jane Iredale carries many products to help this process. Our top four are the Circle/Delete, Active Light, Enlighten, and Enlighten Plus.
Jane Iredale Circle/ Delete Concealer – Conceals and diminishes the appearance of dark under-eye circles while softening the appearance of fine lines around the eyes. The two colors can be blended in order to achieve the exact shade required. A new darker shade is on the way for this product.
Jane Iredale Active Light Under-eye Concealer – An under-eye concealer and facial highlighter that refracts light for a soft-focus finish while providing sheer to medium coverage for under-eye shadows. It conceals while it brightens!
Jane Iredale Enlighten Concealer – The ultimate concealer for very dark under-eye circles, hyperpigmentation, or bruising. A new formula and packaging just arrived are on the way for this product.
Jane Iredale Enlighten Plus Under-eye Concealer – This product improves the look of dark circles and wrinkles without other skincare. (So imagine the effect on your skin with great skincare already in place!)
We also recommend you use these tools in your makeup application process!
– Camouflage brush
– Flocked sponge
– Foundation brush
Our Makeup Tutorials
Enjoy any one of these tutorials in a 20-minute time slot or elect to do a full hour-long makeover.
– Caught My Eye with All about Eyes – Choose your look: The Sophistic, Natural, Sexy, or Smokey – tailored to fit you as an individual! With this tutorial, you will learn to choose eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and highlighter colors that are flattering and create many different looks from one color pallet. You will gain insights and techniques to keep you looking fabulous no matter the occasion.
– Pretty Quick Pick Me Up – We’ll provide super quick techniques that really make a difference. The artist will pick essential products that make maximum impact with minimum effort!
– Putting on a Happy Face – We’ll give assistance in choosing the proper color and product to add a touch of natural-looking color to lips and cheeks with bronzer. Instantly freshen your look in seconds using multi-use products.
– Refresh Me with Concealer How To – Brighten your complexion as your make-up artist assists you in choosing the perfect concealing and setting formula and expert application for correcting dark circles, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation (even tattoos).
– Even My complexion with Foundation How To – Our artist will assist you in determining your undertone, shade and precise priming, foundation, and setting spray formula for your perfect finish and natural to full coverage product that is great even for acne and rosacea.
– Natural Beauty with Lips and Brow How To – Perfect your pout, brows, and lashes with this tutorial. Tailored to your eye shape and specific brow and lip fullness.
You can book a makeup tutorial here.
I am super excited about the superstar ingredients in the Enlighten Plus Under-Eye Concealer: Lactobacillus Ferment, Quinoa Seed Extract, and Persian Silk Tree Extract. The synergy of these ingredients helps to maintain the integrity of our collagen and elastin, slow down the process of oxidation and free radical damage, and brighten and restore the diminished skin barrier. We know that the very best way to make the under-eye area look its very best is by attacking it from the inside and out. In Chinese medicine, the eye area is connected to the waterworks of the body which are the kidneys and bladder. So what lifestyle things can we improve to take the stress off these organs?
- Drink lots of water
- Treat upper respiratory allergies.
- Manually drain sinuses, saline nasal wash, inhalation of clearing essential oils, and facial drainage massage
And finally, SLEEP! Our bodies clean house when we sleep, this is why insufficient sleeping will always result in undereye baggage. So in conclusion, let us band together in this endeavor to care for ourselves with a little more cool and refreshing water and get plenty of rest for fresh eyes and a refreshed attitude as well!
Lots o love,
Click Here to shop our products.
Click Here to book an appointment.
Click Here to contact us.
Violet White Total Body Care
1637 Laskin Rd Virginia Beach, VA 23451-6113
© 2009-2021 Violet White Total Body Care All Rights Reserved
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to our email list. Click to UNSUBSCRIBE