All About the Eyes
Read on for tips and tricks as we attack eyeshadow, concealing, and lashes & brows. Getting refreshed and refocused is our aim with all that we have to say and all we aim to do. We want you to get the very most out of your products, your time, and your efforts.
In this post you’ll see
Lashes & Brows
We know that while complicated eye looks can be fun, sometimes it’s best to go with an easy and simple look. Choosing the right-eye look will pull your whole routine together in the end.
Click here to book a makeup tutorial with us.
Click here to book a makeup consult with us.
Pro-Tip: Don’t forget to apply an eyeshadow primer before your shadow to achieve a smoother application. Priming your lids smooths out the surface, waterproofing your makeup to keep your look fresher longer.
Basic Eyeshadow Application Technique:
1. Base Shade: Apply a base shade— a light neutral shade— all over the lid and up to the brow bone. This will set your primer and even out your eyelid for an even starting point.
2. Transition Shade: Using a fluffy blending brush, apply a medium-toned shade above the crease of your eye, and blend softly upward to reduce harsh edges. This is called your transition shade.
3. Sweep: With a crease brush, apply your darkest shade to the outer corner of your eye, sweeping into the crease.
4. Blend: Blend the crease and transition shade together with the same brush from step 2 to create a smooth gradient between the two shades.
5. Flare: Pat your lid shade on the center of your lid moving toward the inner corner. Have fun with this one— it’s the perfect spot for shimmer shades!
It takes more than maintaining a good skincare routine can help prevent unwanted bags. We have tips to help you cover up your dark spots and wrinkles through concealing. Concealer is the most effective tool for hiding dark under-eye circles and Jane Iredale carries many products to help with this process. It takes more than maintaining a good skincare routine to help prevent unwanted bags – it is important to also learn how to properly apply concealer! We have four tips to help you cover up your dark spots and wrinkles.
Our Top Five Concealing Tips:
1. Yellow conceals redness and Peach hides blue, purple, or grey.
2. Use a color corrector on the inner corner, blend with a foundation brush
3. Dab concealer over under-eye circles, blend down to the crease of the nose to the outer corner of the eye
4. Blot your concealer to prevent caking and creasing.
5. Dot on the forehead, between the nose, bow of the lip, and on the chin to highlight the oval of the face.
Lashes & Brows
Our lashes and brows can majorly change the way our makeup looks turn out. From the flirt of your lash to the expression of your brows, these hairs on our face can deliver beautiful looks. Lash products are a quick-and-easy way to amplify your eyes and can make you look like you have it together (even if you really don’t). Here are our suggestions to maintain the flirtiest part of your look.
Mascara Technique Pro-Tips:
2. Use the tip of the brush like a windshield wiper to get product on
3. Swipe across the top for a coating on top
4. Go back up underneath starting at the base and move side to side as you go up the lash
5. Concentrate on the outer lash give the ends some extra love and pull them out
And here is a rundown of the most popular brow services!
Waxing – process of hair removal from the root by using wax and then removing with a covering and pulling out the hair from the follicle.
Tweezing – process by which you can pluck, grasp, or pull hairs with tweezers. The plus side is the convenience of being able to do this yourself.
Brow Tinting – service that utilizes a semi-permanent hair dye specially designed to be used on lashes and brows. Brow tinting is great for covering “light” or “blondish” hairs creating depth and the definition that we all need especially as we get to a certain stage in life.