Achieving the Perfect Summer Glow
Spring is quickly turning into summer, so it’s time to lock down that bronzy, glowing makeup look that’s perfect for hot summer nights out. Read to find out how to achieve the perfect summertime glow and also our summertime travel makeup essentials!
In this post you’ll see
Achieving the Look
Staying Glowy on the go
The beach goddess makeup look is absolutely essential to add to your summer makeup arsenal. Before we go step by step on achieving the perfect summer beach goddess look, here are some essential summer makeup products including products recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as effective broad-spectrum sunscreens!
– New Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer: A silky, illuminating face primer designed to lock in moisture, minimize the appearance of pores, and blur fine lines for a radiant, soft-focus pearl finish.
– Dream Tint® Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15: A hydrating, lightweight, water-resistant tinted moisturizer with SPF 15. Dream Tint is terrific for those who don’t want to wear much but need moisture and some protection.
– Amazing Base® Loose Mineral Powder SPF 20: Sweep on this airy mineral foundation for a luminous sheer to medium coverage that feels like silk. It also contains broad spectrum SPF to protect you from harmful UV rays and is water resistant for up to 40 minutes!
– PurePressed® Base Mineral Foundation SPF 20/15: Glide this weightless sheer matte foundation on for a look that’s just like your own skin, only better. It also contains broad spectrum SPF to protect you from harmful UV rays and is water resistant for up to 40 minutes!
– Glow Time® Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream SPF 25/17: Glow Time covers blemishes, minimizes the appearance of pores, disguises wrinkles and smooths and brightens skin. It also contains broad spectrum SPF to protect you from harmful UV rays and is water resistant for up to 40 minutes!
– New Powder-Me SPF® 30 Dry Sunscreen: A weightless, dry, physical SPF 30 broad spectrum sunscreen for face, body and scalp in a refillable flow-through vegan brush. Wear alone or over makeup.
– Limited Edition Tantasia® Self Tanner & Bronzer: Our clean, lightweight formula bronzes instantly while helping to build your natural tan for sun-kissed skin without the exposure.
– Bronzer: Enclosed in our Rose Gold Refillable Compact, four complementary shades can be swept across lips, eyes and cheeks to contour and highlight for a luxurious look.
– New Glow Time™ Blush Stick: Creamy, multitasking blush stick for buildable, blendable color and a golden, lit-from-within glow.
– New Glow Time™ Highlighter Stick: Creamy, multitasking highlighter stick for buildable, blendable color and a radiant pearl finish.
– Eye Pencil: Pencils so soft they won’t pull on your delicate skin. Natural pigments give you long-lasting color that stays put. A natural brown eyeliner, like the Basic Brown Eye Pencil, is great for lining your eyes. If you have lighter hair, we recommend using a lighter colored eyeliner, like taupe.
– LipDrink® Lip Balm SPF 15: Quench your lips with hydrating protection that will leave lips feeling moisturized, protected and refreshingly scented. Lip Balm is the best finishing touch to any look.
Click here to request products.
Achieving the Look
Achieving the perfect summer glow is no simple feat! Luckily, many of Jane Iredale’s makeup products are multi-functional, so this makeup look can be achieved with a minimum of 9 products! Read on for the step-by-step guide to get that perfect summer glow!
Step 1: Primer
Never forget that using a good primer is always step one in every makeup routine! Primer will smooth and even out your complexion as well as help the products to come stay put longer.
Step 2: Foundation
Your foundation will act as the foundation (pun intended) for your other makeup to be built upon. There are plenty of formulas to choose from but be sure to choose the one that will enhance your skin type and tone.
Step 3: Blush, Bronzer, & Highlighter
To add a finishing touch to your complexion products, add a pop of color on your cheeks, get glowy with a highlighter, and maybe even try contouring with a bronzer. Jane Iredale’s new Glow Time blush and highlighter sticks are the perfect multitasking products to use on your cheeks, lids, and lips!
Step 4: Eyeshadow
The new Glow Time blush and highlighter sticks are super incredible because they are multi-functional! Swipe either one or both on your lids for a glowy look.
Step 5: Eyeliner & Mascara
Starting from the inner corner of your eye and working your way out to a slight wing, line your upper lash line with a Brown Eye Pencil. PureLash Conditioner is meant to be used as a primer beneath mascara, so not only does it provide conditioning and protection, it also provides a thicker base and extends the wear of your mascara.
Step 6: Eyebrows
The style and intensity of your eyebrows should complement the rest of your makeup, so use the eye pencil to define your brows by filling in your eyebrows using small, hair-like strokes.
Step 7: Lips
Dab the Glow Time Blush and/or Glow Time Highlighter onto your lips using your middle finger for a soft pop of color and shiny finish. Finish your look with a swipe of lip balm on your lips.
Step 8: SPF
For a simple summer look the most important thing to remember is your SPF, not only on your face, but on your whole body. Powder-Me SPF Dry Sunscreen is water-resistant so it’s safe to use at the pool and beach.
Step 9: Hydration Spray
Hydration sprays are made to help your makeup last longer and look better as the day goes on. A spritz of Jane Iredale’s hydrating face sprays uplifts your spirits and sets your face makeup with natural and organic botanicals.
Click here to book a makeup tutorial to learn the routine!
Click here to book a makeup consult to find the best products for you!
Staying Glowy on the Go
We know that with the summer getting started, you may be getting ready to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life to enjoy a little rest and relaxation. Whether you’re traveling to the seaside, the countryside, or even to the big city, these 5 essentials will ensure that you look and feel your best while you’re on the go all summer.
– Hydration Sprays: A perfect item to keep in your bag for a weekend away is one of Jane Iredale’s Hydration Sprays! Plus, they are all TSA-approved, so you can carry them in your bag on your next flight to that summer getaway. If you have oily skin, we recommend trying out Balance. If your skin is dry or sensitive, we recommend D2O. If your skin is red and experiencing inflammation, we recommend Smell the Roses. If your skin is experiencing rough texture, we recommend Lemongrass Love. And if you are headed to the beach, POMMISST’s pomegranate extract will help boost your SPF!
– Golden Shimmer Face & Body Lotion: A must-must-must-have is the perfect hydrating lotion to keep dry skin FAR away from your beach days. This beautiful, sheer and shimmering lotion will give you a natural, goddess-like glow no matter where you are headed this summer! The Diamond Dust in Golden Shimmer creates a flawless sheen, while the Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract helps to firm and soothe your skin.
– PureLash Lengthening Mascara: No makeup look is complete without mascara. This mascara is developed with a proprietary blend of Seaweed Lipids and Wheat Protein that thicken, curl and strengthen lashes. Whether this mascara is all you wear along with your SPF, or it’s the finishing touch of a full makeup look, PureLash Lengthening Mascara is a must.
– Powder-Me SPF 30 Dry Sunscreen: Another must-must-must-have is SUNSCREEN! This is A weightless, dry, physical SPF 30 broad-spectrum sunscreen for the face, body, and scalp in a refillable flow-through vegan brush. It can be worn alone or over your summer glowy goddess makeup look. Plus, it’s just big enough to fit in your palm, so you can pop it in your bag for those on-the-go reapplications.
– Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain: Finally, don’t forget your Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain! This multitasking product will give you a beautiful flush and a natural, unique lip color. The non-drying, long-lasting formula of this stain adjusts to your own chemistry for an irresistible shade that will flatter your skin’s undertone. Don’t forget you can apply a small amount to your cheeks and blend with your fingers or apply directly to your lips for long-lasting color to get the most out of this multitasking product.
It’s that time of year when we want that Bronze Goddess look without skin damage. This is the time of year I take out my transitional products like Dream Tint in Warm Bronze and Powder-Me in Tanned. Both of these products are so sheer, you can still see your skin and skin tone underneath, but gives you the softest bronze finish, while most importantly, giving you that much-needed sun protection!
National Jane Iredale Makeup Artist and Educator,
Click Here to shop our products.
Click Here to book an appointment.
Click Here to contact us.
Violet White Total Body Care
1637 Laskin Rd Virginia Beach, VA 23451-6113
© 2009-2021 Violet White Total Body Care All Rights Reserved